What questions should I ask the tailor?
Choosing a good tailor is an important step. Finding a good tailor can also change your perspective on quality fit and quality garments at good prices. Here are the key questions I would ask:
- Do you charge for measurements? Often times they will not the first time
- Are you a trained tailor or someone who specializes in alterations? A person who does alterations can work fine but a tailor will be more seasoned and provide more quality information
- Do you finish button sleeves for your clients? How much do you charge for this work? This question is important in choosing the button options. Note that Doyle Design Fashions will reimburse $75 for button finishing with a receipt.
- Are you comfortable in velvet? This question also applies to the buttons and choosing the best option there. They may tell you velvet is difficult to work with – that is correct and not a problem unless they state they really don’t like working with it.
- What does your gut tell you? Does the shop have quality materials? How well did they communicate with you
Posted in: Tailored Sizing